Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Day 70

So, I decided today to go and get some new running shoes to go with my new gym membership. I've had my current pair for a while and I'll usually take any excuse to go shoe shopping. I figured I'd just run in, find a cute pair and run out. Oh man, has anyone gone running shoe shopping lately? Dude, that is one serious state of fug. Seriously, they were so totally ugly, by the time I hit the fourth store I actually asked the sales person why they were all so hideous. At first she tried to pretend they weren't and then she admitted I was right and they were awful. She told me the guys are worse! Anyway, she asked another sales rep why and he told her it was because they needed to be reflective. I guess I've found a new sales area - INDOOR running shoes!!!!! No need for the neon and the silver on a treadmill. So, after the FIFTH store, I decided to totally embrace the fug and just go with comfort over fashion. In the end, I found a pair that feels fantastic and isn't the absolute worst out there. So, I present - the fugiliciousness of my new kicks. yum.

3 comments:

amy said...

Too funny! Sometimes, you just have to embrace the fug to get a good pair of shoes.

Maggie said...

ROFL...fug?? haha. As long as they don't make your feet hurt.

jessstephkylesmom said...

they are not too bad! for a running shoe!