Monday, April 23, 2007

Day 19

Last day of what makes me me.

My tattoos!

There is a story and a meaning behind each one.

This one means love in Chinese. I got it because I was in love with my DH. I had it done when I was 19. It was actually a sort of a surprise for him, because he had recently done one and had no idea I did it until I showed up at his house.

This one is a fairy (and how I got my FF username watersprite). The face on it is actually my little sister at four years old. I was 20 when I had this one done. I thought she was the cutest thing in the world and I couldn't think of a fairy face out there that was cuter, so I had them do her face. This picture makes me realize just how badly it needs to be recolored!

This last one I just had done last month after I lost my twins. I lost the first between 6-7 weeks and the second at 10w4d. One is larger to symbolize the different gestational ages. I had planned to do a dragonfly for YEARS and finally decided to do it and then found out I was pregnant. After I lost the twins, I decided to have two put on so they'd always be with me.

So that's it! I think these past few entries pretty much sum me up!
:)

5 comments:

amy said...

Wow, those dragonflies are amazing!

Jess said...

I love the symbolism behind your dragonflies....thank you for sharing!

Maggie said...

Gorgeous Tattoos! What great detail on the fairy and dragonflies.

Amanda said...

i love your tattoos! yoiu also just gave me an idea... finally, of what makes me, me. my dragons!

Heather said...

Oh wow, the dragonflies are beautiful!

I need to get the one I got at 19 recolored as well! lol